Rumana Jairumi;a wife,a mother and a wonderful cook. Rumana is from Pune and no she is not a blogger but I think I will persuade her to start one.Some of you might remember the curry champz competition.Yes its there I met Rums and it was a visual treat to see her cook in the kitchen.I think she invaded the kitchen from the hob to the oven to the tandoor. Her hands create magical treats and made everyone fall in love with what she prepares.
I have here a "Chicken Tikka Masala" recipe from Rumana.I have tasted it and indeed there is nothing like Rumana's Tikka Masala.
Chicken Tikka Masala,
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger and garlic
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion and 2 tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kasturi methi
- 1tbsp ketchup
- Make a paste of onion and Tomoto and fry in oil for few mins.
- Add ginger & garlic paste and all the ground spices saute a little then add yogurt and fry well.
- Once the oil start to seperate add 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- Put the chicken pieces on the skewer in the tandoor or oven. Once the pieces are well done add them in the masala and cook for few mins.
- Add little kasturi methi(1tsp) and simmer it for 2 mins
I don't have any pictures to present at the moment but hoping to get few clicks soon.